At Main Graphics we are conscious of the environmental footprint a print communications company can leave. Here is what we are doing currently to be a better global caretaker:
- We actively promote and provide education to our customers on the realities and cost efficiencies of FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) certified and recyclable papers. We are FSC certified and audited yearly to assure compliance.
- We recycle all possible materials in the plant and the offices: including paper, cardboard, metal printing plates, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, glass bottles, packing materials and obsolete electronic devices.
- In Packaging, with customer approval, we are reusing boxes when clean/ in good condition and using corn starch packing or unprinted paper scraps over Styrofoam.
- We use the lowest VOC (volatile organic compound) solvents in the country, putting 1/8, or less, VOCs into the air when compared to most other printers in California and across the globe. (When customers tour our Irvine plant they often comment that we don’t smell like a printer)
- We use vegetable based inks in our printing process.
- Our Janitorial Services are performed with “green clean” biodegradable cleaners also void of artificial dies and scents.